There are many instances when you may need to accept a screenshot on your iPhone or iPad. For instance, although you can salvage all your message conversations, a screenshot can help yous keep just a specific function of a chat.
Further, it tin can help capture an error message you run into, or an interesting bit of information you find online.
The method to capture your screen varies among different models of iPhone and iPad with Face ID or Bear on ID. Let’s have a closer look.
- How to take a screenshot on iPhone 13, 12, xi, and X Series iPhones
- How to take a screenshot on iPhone SE 2022, iPhone 8, and earlier
- Have a screenshot on iPad with Face up ID
- How to accept a screenshot on iPad with Touch ID
- View screenshots on iPhone and iPad
How to take a Screenshot on iPhone 13, 12, 11, and 10 Series iPhones
- Start on the screen you lot want to capture as a screenshot. Information technology can be whatever app, or even the home screen.
- Press the Side button on the correct side and the Volume Up button on the left side at the aforementioned time.
- Quickly let go of both buttons together.
- Your iPhone’s screen will wink white, and you’ll as well hear a sound like to the camera click if Silent Mode is off.
- Next, y’all’ll see the screenshot thumbnail on the lower left of the screen. You can swipe it to the left (or ignore it) to dismiss it. Or you lot may tap on it to utilise edits, markup, etc. If you do zippo, it volition automatically become away after a few seconds. The screenshot gets saved to Photos under the Screenshots album.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone SE 2022, iPhone 8, and earlier
The 3rd-generation iPhone SE, iPhone viii, and all earlier models similar iPhone 7, 6, 5, etc., have a Home push button on the front. Here’south how to grab a screenshot on these devices:
- Open up the
you lot want to capture as a screenshot.
It tin can be whatever app, or even the dwelling house screen.
- Printing the
Domicile push button
on the right side (or top push) at the same time.
The iPhone screen will flash white, and yous’ll also hear a photographic camera shutter sound if Silent Style isn’t enabled.
Optional: Tap the
at the bottom right to
edit the screenshot. If you lot do nothing, the screenshot volition exist automatically saved to Photos.
How to take a screenshot on iPad with Face up ID
Modern high-end iPads have Face ID. These devices have thin edge-to-edge bezels, and thus, no Home button. Therefore the method to take a screenshot is almost the same as an iPhone with Face ID.
- Printing the button on elevation and the Volume Up button on the correct side on the iPad at the same time.
- Quickly release both buttons.
- The screen will flash, and you will hear a shutter sound. The screenshot thumbnail will appear in the lower-left corner. You tin can tap on information technology to make edits or markup. Swipe left to dismiss it immediately.
How to take a screenshot on iPad with Affect ID
The method to have a screenshot on an iPad with a Home button is like to iPhones with Home buttons. Hither are the steps:
- Press the push on top and the Home button at the same time.
- Quickly release both buttons.
- The iPad screen will wink, and you will hear a photographic camera shutter sound. You can tap on information technology or swipe left to dismiss.
View screenshots on iPhone and iPad
The screenshots you lot accept on your iPhone and iPad are saved automatically to Photos in PNG format.
If you use iCloud Photos on your iOS and iPadOS devices, y’all’ll notice these screenshots under All Photos. If y’all don’t use iCloud Photos, it’s named Recents.
When y’all scroll down to the Albums section, y’all’ll also run into an choice called Screenshots. It collects all the screenshots and displays them to you in i convenient place.
: You can likewise ask Siri to “Show all my Screenshots.”
Video: How to take a screenshot on iPhone and iPad
So this is how you can capture screenshots on your iPhone and iPad, no matter which model you own. For iPod Bear upon, the process is the aforementioned as for iPads with the Home button.
Adjacent, you may similar to learn how to take a screenshot on the iPhone and iPad without using the home and power button. If you have whatever other questions, delight reach out to the states using the comments department below. We’ll do our best to help you lot!
In instance you missed it:
- How to Take Screenshots on Mac
- Combine Multiple Screenshots on iPhone and iPad
- How to plow off camera shutter sound on iPhone
- How to Motion Photos from Photographic camera Roll to Album on iPhone
iGeeksBlog has affiliate and sponsored partnerships. Nosotros may earn commissions on purchases made using our links. Nonetheless, this doesn’t touch on the recommendations our writers make. You can read more about our review and editorial process hither.
Marcus is a freelance tech writer/editor with a focus on succinctly explaining consumer devices and their software. His previous work has been published on MakeUseOf where he covered everything from iOS to Git and UI blueprint.