Got yourself a new iPhone eleven or iPhone 11 Pro and now looking to transfer data from your old iPhone? Apple offers a number of ways to bring over data from your former iPhone and the unabridged procedure is relatively easy besides.
Upwards until last twelvemonth, Apple tree offered two different methods to transfer information from your old iPhone to a new i: iCloud and iTunes. The erstwhile relied on creating an iCloud backup of your iPhone and and then restoring information technology during setup on the new iPhone. The second one relies on connecting your old iPhone to PC running iTunes, creating a backup, then restoring it on a new iPhone.
With iOS 12.four though, Apple has introduced a new Migration Utility that makes the entire process even easier. If y’all take access to your old iPhone, I will strongly recommend you to utilise the Migration Utility as it is faster and more convenient than the iCloud and iTunes methods.
The iCloud fill-in method requires that you have access to a fast Wi-Fi connection and take plenty of storage space free on iCloud too. The iTunes method does non have any such limitation but it requires access to a PC. The advantage with the iTunes and iCloud method is that it does non require that you have access to your old iPhone while setting up your new iPhone. You can create a backup before selling the device and then restore it on your new iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 whenever you get it.
Transfer Data from Old iPhone to iPhone xi Pro or iPhone 11 Without iCloud or iTunes
Things to Know Nigh iPhone’s Migration Tool
- You start the migration process by simply bringing your sometime iPhone near your new iPhone. Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- While the process can be washed wirelessly, one tin as well apply a Lightning cablevision along with an appropriate adapter to transfer data over a wired connection.
- You will have to use the same Apple tree ID on your new iPhone every bit your old iPhone.
- Depending on the amount of information to be transferred, the entire process can hands accept an hour or 2.
- Autonomously from transferring your data, you have the selection to also transferring your system settings.
- You volition as well be prompted to select if you lot would like to automatically pair your Apple Watch with the new iPhone.
- All apps will be downloaded from the App Store so you will need an active (and speedy) internet connexion during the process.
- Your onetime iPhone must be running iOS 12.4 or higher.
Footstep i: Bring Both iPhones Close to Each Other
With your new iPhone at the setup procedure, bring the old iPhone close to it. This will bring up the Quick Offset pop-up on your one-time iPhone. Tap Continue on the pop-upward and ostend your identity using Bear on ID or Face ID.
Step 2: Scan the Animation on Your New iPhone from Your Old iPhone
To pair both phones, you will have to browse the object being displayed on your new iPhone using your old phone. In instance the photographic camera on your quondam iPhone is not working, you can utilise theAuthenticate Manually option. This volition help complete the pairing process.
Stride 3: Set up Face ID/Touch ID on Your New iPhone
Enter the passcode of your erstwhile iPhone on your new iPhone. Subsequently a minute, you will be prompted to set Face ID/Impact ID on your new device.
Step 4: Decide How You lot Want to Transfer Data
In one case you are washed setting up Face ID/Touch ID, you will get an pick to transfer data from your sometime iPhone or use iCloud to restore an old fill-in. Both options will display the amount of time required for the entire process to complete.
You have to select theTransfer from iPhoneoption. EmployOther Optionsat the bottom if you want to transfer data between your old and new iPhone over a wired connectedness.
Step 5: Proceed with the Setup Process
Continue with the setup process where you volition take to accept a few terms and weather condition. After that, the actual data transfer procedure will commencement which tin take anywhere between a few minutes to an hour or two depending on the amount of information you have.
Transfer Data From Quondam iPhone to iPhone eleven or iPhone eleven Pro using iTunes or iCloud
Unpair Apple Sentinel
If y’all take an Apple Sentinel and you’re planning to movement content to your new iPhone, then you need to unpair your Apple Lookout from your current iPhone first. This will automatically fill-in your sentinel. Your Apple Watch is also automatically backed up every time y’all fill-in your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud.
Set up Another Device for two-Step Verification
If you lot’ve enabled two-pace verification for your Apple ID and your old iPhone is set as the main device for ii-step verification for it then information technology is advisable to ready another trusted device. This will let you to verify your Apple ID while setting upwards your new iPhone.
You lot can then transfer the information from your erstwhile iPhone to the new iPhone using iTunes or iCloud past following these instructions.
Make a Backup Using iTunes
- Ensure that y’all’ve installed the latest version of iTunes. Y’all can update it via Software Update or download information technology from Apple’due south website.
- Connect your iPhone to a figurer with the latest version of iTunes installed.
- Select your old iPhone in iTunes under Devices.
- Click on
File > Devices > Transfer Purchases to save content y’all’ve download from the iTunes Shop or App Store.
- If yous too want to transfer passwords, health and activity data to your new iPhone then you’ll need to encrypt iPhone backup. This will backup your keychain data, which includes electronic mail business relationship passwords, Wi-Fi passwords, and passwords y’all enter into websites along with wellness and activity data. Select the box called Encrypt [device] backup and select a countersign. Do
nonforget this password as then you lot will not exist able to restore the backup on your iPhone.
Back Up Now.
- To make sure the backup was successful, get to iTunes Preferences > Devices. You should see the proper name of your erstwhile iPhone along with the appointment and time of the latest backup.
Now y’all tin can transfer your iTunes fill-in to your new iPhone xi or iPhone xi Pro.
Transfer iTunes Fill-in to iPhone eleven or iPhone 11 Pro
- Turn on your new iPhone. When your device turns on, follow the on-screen instructions.
- When prompted to
Fix iPhone, tap onRestore from iTunes Backup.
- Now connect your new iPhone to iTunes (on the same estimator y’all used to support your old iPhone).
- iTunes volition ask you to restore from backup or set up equally new. Select the fill-in of your old device and choose Continue (Ensure that iTunes is showing you lot the latest backup of your old iPhone). Please annotation that restoring from the backup can be a time-consuming process and depends on the size of the backup and on the speed of your Internet connection.
- When the restore process is complete, your new iPhone will restart. Then information technology will exist gear up for use. You should keep your new iPhone connected to iTunes to sync data not independent in the backup (such as music, videos, apps, and so on).
- You can verify and change which data are synced by clicking the syncing tabs in iTunes.
- If y’all haven’t encrypted your iPhone backup, then you volition likewise need to enter your password for your Apple tree ID, electronic mail, and other accounts, and voicemail over again. The passwords are not restored to a new device due to security reasons.
Make a Backup Using iCloud
- iCloud backs upwardly your device once a day. Merely it is skillful practice to backup your old device to iCloud ane terminal time before migrating so goose egg is missed out. Launch the
app and navigate to
iCloud > Fill-in
in iOS 8 or later or
iCloud > Storage & Fill-in
and tap on
Back up Now. This may take time depending on the amount of data to be backed upwards.
- Subsequently the fill-in is complete, bank check the Last Fill-in time (should prove current time) to ensure that your backup was successful.
- Now plough off your old iPhone.
Now you tin transfer your iCloud backup to your iPhone xi Pro or iPhone 11.
Transfer iCloud Backup to iPhone eleven Pro or iPhone 11
- Plow on your new iPhone. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup banana past selecting your language and state, and cull whether to enable Location Services. When prompted, choose your Wi-Fi network.
- When prompted to
Set Up iPhone, tap onRestore from iCloud Backup.
- Enter your Apple ID and countersign, and tap
at the superlative right corner.
- It will prompt you lot to agree to the terms and weather condition. Tap on
in the lesser correct corner.
- Yous volition now see a list of backups. Select the latest backup of your old device and tap
Restore. Wait until the device has finished restoring from the backup. Please annotation that it can be a time-consuming process and depends on the amount of data contained in the backup and on the speed of your Cyberspace connection.
- When the restore process is complete, your iPhone will restart. Then information technology volition be ready for use. You should likewise connect the device to iTunes to sync information non independent in the backup (such as music, videos, apps, and then on).
- iPhone will also start re-downloading all your apps in the background.
- You will also demand to enter your password for your Apple ID, electronic mail, and other accounts, and voicemail again. The passwords are not restored to a new device for security reasons. However, if you want them to be restored so using the iTunes method in a higher place.
Y’all should at present be able to apply your shiny new iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11. After the data has been restored, you can plow on your older iPhone on and erase all the content and settings.
Information technology is advisable to go on your iPhone continued to Wi-Fi and plugged into a power source until the data from iCloud is downloaded to your device. The data is downloaded automatically from iCloud in the background.
Practise drop a annotate and let us know how the entire procedure of transferring information from your quondam iPhone to your shiny new iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro went for you.