Got yourself a new iPhone 13 or iPhone xiii Pro and now looking to transfer data from your former iPhone? Unlike Android, Apple has made it extremely easy to transfer your data from an onetime iPhone to your shiny new iPhone. Read this guide to know how you lot tin can transfer and import data from your old iPhone to the iPhone thirteen.
Apple offers three different methods to transfer data from your one-time iPhone to a new one: iCloud, iTunes, and Quick Starting time — which was formerly known equally Migration Utility.
iCloud relies on creating an iCloud backup of your iPhone and then restoring it during setup on the new iPhone. The second ane relies on connecting your onetime iPhone to a PC running iTunes, creating a backup, so restoring it on a new iPhone. Quick Offset is the best option as it makes the entire procedure a cakewalk and is the almost convenient of the lot.
The iCloud fill-in method requires that you have access to a fast Wi-Fi connexion. Even otherwise, this can take a long time. The iTunes method does not have any such limitation but it requires access to a PC. The reward of the iTunes and iCloud method is that they do not crave you to have access to your one-time iPhone while setting up your new iPhone. You lot can create a backup before selling the device and then restore it on your new iPhone 13 Pro or iPhone xiii when you get information technology.
With Quick Start, you must have access to your old iPhone during the transfer process.
Transfer Data from Former iPhone to iPhone 13 or iPhone 13 Pro
- Yous get-go the migration process by simply bringing your sometime iPhone about your new iPhone. Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- While the process can be done wirelessly, ane can too employ a Lightning cablevision along with an appropriate adapter to transfer data over a wired connection.
- You volition take to use the aforementioned Apple ID on your new iPhone as your quondam iPhone.
- Depending on the amount of data to be transferred, the entire process tin can hands accept an hour or 2.
- Apart from transferring your data, you have the selection of transferring your system settings also.
- Y’all will besides be prompted to select if you would like to automatically pair your Apple Sentry with the new iPhone.
- All apps will be downloaded from the App Store so you will need an active (and speedy) internet connection during the process.
Step 1: Bring Both iPhones Close to Each Other
With your new iPhone at the setup process, bring the former iPhone close to it. This volition bring up the Quick Outset pop-upwards on your sometime iPhone. Tap Go on on the popular-upwards and ostend your identity using Affect ID or Face ID.
Step ii: Browse the Animation on Your New iPhone from Your Sometime iPhone
To pair both phones, y’all will have to browse the object being displayed on your new iPhone using your old phone. In case the photographic camera on your old iPhone is not working, you can utilise theAuthenticate Manually selection. This volition assist complete the pairing procedure.
Step 3: Set up Face ID on Your New iPhone
Enter the passcode of your old iPhone on your new iPhone. After a infinitesimal, y’all volition be prompted to set a Confront ID on your new device.
Step 4: Make up one’s mind How You Want to Transfer Data
Once you are done setting up Face ID, yous will become an option to transfer data from your old iPhone or employ iCloud to restore an one-time fill-in. Both options volition display the amount of time required for the entire process to complete.
You have to select theTransfer from iPhonechoice. UseOther Optionsat the bottom if y’all want to transfer data between your old and new iPhone over a wired connection.
Pace 5: Proceed with the Setup Procedure
Continue with the setup procedure where you lot will have to accept a few terms and weather. After that, the actual data transfer process will beginning which tin take anywhere between a few minutes to an hour or ii depending on the amount of information you have on the old iPhone.
Unpair Apple Picket
If yous have an Apple tree Watch and you’re planning to move content to your new iPhone, then you demand to unpair your Apple Sentry from your current iPhone kickoff.
This will automatically fill-in your watch. Your Apple Watch is also automatically backed up every time you back up your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud.
Fix Another Device for 2-Step Verification
Apple makes it mandatory to enable 2FA (two-factor hallmark) for your Apple business relationship. And your sometime iPhone is already ready as the primary device for 2-stride verification. It is advisable to set up another trusted device. This volition let you to verify your Apple ID while setting upwardly your new iPhone.
Y’all can then transfer the data from your old iPhone to the new iPhone 13 using iTunes or iCloud by post-obit the instructions below.
How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to iPhone thirteen or iPhone 13 Pro Using iTunes
- Ensure that yous’ve installed the latest version of iTunes. You can update it via Software Update or download it from Apple’s website.
- Connect your iPhone to a computer with the latest version of iTunes installed.
- Select your old iPhone in iTunes under Devices.
- Click onFile > Devices > Transfer Purchases to save content y’all’ve download from the iTunes Store or App Store.
- If yous likewise desire to transfer passwords, health, and activeness data to your new iPhone then you’ll need to encrypt iPhone fill-in. This will backup your keychain information, which includes electronic mail account passwords, Wi-Fi passwords, and passwords you lot enter into websites along with health and activity data. Select the box chosen Encrypt [device] backup and select a password. Exercise
nonforget this password as then you will not be able to restore the backup on your iPhone.
- ClickBack up Now.
- To brand certain the fill-in was successful, go to iTunes Preferences > Devices. You should run across the name of your old iPhone along with the date and time of the latest backup.
Now you can transfer your iTunes backup to your new iPhone xiii or iPhone thirteen Pro.
Plough on your new iPhone 13 or iPhone 13 Pro. Go on to follow the on-screen instructions.
When prompted toSet Up iPhone, tap onRestore from iTunes Backup.
Now connect your new iPhone to iTunes (on the aforementioned estimator you used to dorsum up your onetime iPhone).
iTunes will ask you to restore from backup or set upward as new. Select the backup of your old device and cull Continue (Ensure that iTunes is showing you the latest backup of your old iPhone). Please note that restoring from the backup can exist a fourth dimension-consuming procedure and depends on the size of the backup and on the speed of your Internet connection.
When the restore process is complete, your new iPhone will restart. Then it volition be ready for use. You lot should go on your new iPhone connected to iTunes to sync information not contained in the backup (such as music, videos, apps, and and so on).
You lot tin verify and change which information are synced by clicking the syncing tabs in iTunes.
If you lot haven’t encrypted your iPhone backup, then y’all will also need to enter your password for your Apple ID, email, other accounts, and voicemail once more. The passwords are non restored to a new device due to security reasons.
Backup Your Old iPhone Using iCloud
- iCloud backs up your device once a day. Only it is good practice to backup your quondam device to iCloud ane final time before migrating so null is missed out. Launch theSettings app and navigate toiCloud > Backup
Back up Now.
This may take fourth dimension depending on the amount of data to be backed up.
- Subsequently the backup is complete, check the Final Fill-in time (should show current fourth dimension) to ensure that your backup was successful.
- At present turn off your old iPhone.
Now you lot tin transfer your iCloud backup to your iPhone 13 or iPhone thirteen Pro.
Transfer iCloud Backup to iPhone xiii or iPhone 13 Pro
Plough on your new iPhone 13 or iPhone 13 Pro. Follow the on-screen instructions to consummate the setup banana past selecting your linguistic communication and state, and choose whether to enable Location Services. When prompted, choose your Wi-Fi network.
When prompted to
Prepare iPhone, tap onRestore from iCloud Backup.
Enter your Apple tree ID and password, and tapAdjacent at the elevation right corner.
It volition prompt you to agree to the terms and conditions. Tap onAgree in the lesser right corner.
You volition now run into a list of backups. Select the latest backup of your old device and tap
Restore. Wait until the device has finished restoring from the fill-in. Please note that information technology can exist a time-consuming process and depends on the corporeality of data independent in the backup and on the speed of your Internet connection.
When the restore process is complete, your iPhone will restart. Then it volition be set up for utilize. You lot should likewise connect the device to iTunes to sync data non independent in the backup (such as music, videos, apps, and then on).
Your iPhone xiii will as well start re-downloading all your apps in the background.
You lot will likewise need to enter your countersign for your Apple ID, email, other accounts, and voicemail once more. The passwords are not restored to a new device for security reasons.
You should now exist able to use your shiny new iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone xiii Pro, or iPhone 13 Pro Max. Later on the information has been restored, you can erase all the content and settings from your old iPhone.
Information technology is advisable to keep your iPhone thirteen connected to Wi-Fi and plugged into a power source until the information from iCloud is downloaded to your device. The data is downloaded automatically in the background.
Do drop a comment and let us know how the entire process of transferring data from your quondam iPhone to your shiny new iPhone 13 or iPhone 13 Pro went for y’all. Or did you just set it upward as new again?