Got yourself a new iPhone xiii or iPhone 13 Pro and now looking to transfer data from your quondam iPhone? Different Android, Apple tree has fabricated it extremely easy to transfer your data from an old iPhone to your shiny new iPhone. Read this guide to know how you can transfer and import data from your old iPhone to the iPhone 13.
Apple offers three different methods to transfer data from your old iPhone to a new one: iCloud, iTunes, and Quick Start — which was formerly known as Migration Utility.
iCloud relies on creating an iCloud backup of your iPhone and and so restoring it during setup on the new iPhone. The second one relies on connecting your former iPhone to a PC running iTunes, creating a backup, and then restoring information technology on a new iPhone. Quick Start is the best option as information technology makes the entire process a breeze and is the nigh convenient of the lot.
The iCloud backup method requires that y’all have access to a fast Wi-Fi connection. Fifty-fifty otherwise, this can take a long time. The iTunes method does not have any such limitation but information technology requires access to a PC. The advantage of the iTunes and iCloud method is that they practice not require y’all to accept admission to your old iPhone while setting up your new iPhone. Y’all tin can create a backup before selling the device and then restore it on your new iPhone 13 Pro or iPhone thirteen when you get it.
With Quick Kickoff, you must accept access to your old iPhone during the transfer process.
Transfer Data from Old iPhone to iPhone xiii or iPhone 13 Pro
- You showtime the migration process by simply bringing your old iPhone almost your new iPhone. Make certain that Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- While the process can be done wirelessly, one tin can as well utilize a Lightning cable forth with an appropriate adapter to transfer data over a wired connectedness.
- Y’all volition accept to use the aforementioned Apple ID on your new iPhone every bit your old iPhone.
- Depending on the amount of data to exist transferred, the entire procedure can easily take an hr or two.
- Apart from transferring your data, you have the pick of transferring your system settings as well.
- You volition also be prompted to select if you would like to automatically pair your Apple Watch with the new iPhone.
- All apps will be downloaded from the App Shop so you lot will need an active (and speedy) internet connection during the process.
Pace 1: Bring Both iPhones Close to Each Other
With your new iPhone at the setup process, bring the former iPhone close to information technology. This will bring up the Quick Get-go pop-up on your old iPhone. Tap Go along on the pop-upward and ostend your identity using Touch ID or Face up ID.
Step 2: Browse the Animation on Your New iPhone from Your Old iPhone
To pair both phones, you will accept to scan the object existence displayed on your new iPhone using your former telephone. In case the photographic camera on your old iPhone is not working, you can use theAuthenticate Manually option. This will aid complete the pairing process.
Step 3: Set up Confront ID on Your New iPhone
Enter the passcode of your erstwhile iPhone on your new iPhone. Later a minute, you lot will be prompted to set upwards a Face ID on your new device.
Pace iv: Decide How You Desire to Transfer Data
Once you are done setting up Face up ID, y’all will get an option to transfer data from your onetime iPhone or use iCloud to restore an erstwhile backup. Both options will brandish the amount of fourth dimension required for the entire process to complete.
You have to select theTransfer from iPhoneoption. UtiliseOther Optionsat the lesser if y’all want to transfer data between your old and new iPhone over a wired connection.
Stride 5: Continue with the Setup Process
Continue with the setup process where you volition have to accept a few terms and conditions. Subsequently that, the bodily information transfer process will start which can accept anywhere between a few minutes to an hour or ii depending on the amount of data you accept on the onetime iPhone.
Unpair Apple Scout
If you have an Apple tree Picket and you lot’re planning to move content to your new iPhone, then y’all need to unpair your Apple Picket from your current iPhone start.
This will automatically backup your watch. Your Apple Watch is as well automatically backed up every time you back upward your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud.
Gear up up Another Device for ii-Pace Verification
Apple makes it mandatory to enable 2FA (two-factor hallmark) for your Apple tree account. And your old iPhone is already prepare equally the master device for 2-step verification. It is advisable to fix another trusted device. This will allow yous to verify your Apple ID while setting upward your new iPhone.
Yous can so transfer the information from your old iPhone to the new iPhone 13 using iTunes or iCloud past following the instructions below.
How to Transfer Data from Sometime iPhone to iPhone 13 or iPhone thirteen Pro Using iTunes
- Ensure that you’ve installed the latest version of iTunes. You can update it via Software Update or download it from Apple’s website.
- Connect your iPhone to a calculator with the latest version of iTunes installed.
- Select your old iPhone in iTunes nether Devices.
- Click onFile > Devices > Transfer Purchases to salve content yous’ve download from the iTunes Store or App Shop.
- If you likewise desire to transfer passwords, wellness, and activity data to your new iPhone then you’ll need to encrypt iPhone backup. This will backup your keychain information, which includes e-mail account passwords, Wi-Fi passwords, and passwords you enter into websites along with health and activeness data. Select the box chosen Encrypt [device] backup and select a password. Exercise
notforget this countersign as and so you will not be able to restore the backup on your iPhone.
- ClickBack Upward Now.
- To make sure the backup was successful, go to iTunes Preferences > Devices. You should see the name of your one-time iPhone along with the engagement and fourth dimension of the latest backup.
Now you can transfer your iTunes backup to your new iPhone xiii or iPhone 13 Pro.
Turn on your new iPhone xiii or iPhone xiii Pro. Go along to follow the on-screen instructions.
When prompted toPrepare iPhone, tap onRestore from iTunes Backup.
Now connect your new iPhone to iTunes (on the same computer you used to support your old iPhone).
iTunes will ask y’all to restore from backup or set equally new. Select the backup of your one-time device and choose Continue (Ensure that iTunes is showing you the latest backup of your quondam iPhone). Please note that restoring from the fill-in can be a time-consuming process and depends on the size of the backup and on the speed of your Internet connection.
When the restore process is consummate, your new iPhone will restart. Then it volition exist ready for use. You should keep your new iPhone connected to iTunes to sync data not contained in the backup (such equally music, videos, apps, and and so on).
Y’all tin verify and change which data are synced by clicking the syncing tabs in iTunes.
If you lot haven’t encrypted your iPhone fill-in, then y’all will also need to enter your password for your Apple ID, email, other accounts, and voicemail over again. The passwords are non restored to a new device due to security reasons.
Fill-in Your Sometime iPhone Using iCloud
- iCloud backs up your device once a day. But information technology is good do to backup your old device to iCloud ane concluding fourth dimension earlier migrating so nothing is missed out. Launch theSettings app and navigate toiCloud > Backup
Dorsum Upwards Now.
This may take time depending on the amount of data to be backed up.
- Afterwards the backup is consummate, cheque the Last Fill-in time (should testify current time) to ensure that your backup was successful.
- Now turn off your old iPhone.
Now y’all tin can transfer your iCloud backup to your iPhone 13 or iPhone xiii Pro.
Transfer iCloud Backup to iPhone 13 or iPhone xiii Pro
Turn on your new iPhone 13 or iPhone xiii Pro. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup assistant past selecting your linguistic communication and state, and choose whether to enable Location Services. When prompted, choose your Wi-Fi network.
When prompted to
Fix iPhone, tap onRestore from iCloud Backup.
Enter your Apple ID and countersign, and tapAdjacent at the pinnacle right corner.
Information technology volition prompt you lot to agree to the terms and weather condition. Tap onHold in the bottom right corner.
You will now see a list of backups. Select the latest backup of your old device and tap
Restore. Wait until the device has finished restoring from the backup. Delight note that it tin can be a time-consuming process and depends on the amount of data independent in the backup and on the speed of your Internet connexion.
When the restore procedure is complete, your iPhone will restart. Then it will exist ready for use. You should also connect the device to iTunes to sync data not contained in the backup (such as music, videos, apps, and so on).
Your iPhone 13 will besides commencement re-downloading all your apps in the background.
You lot will likewise need to enter your countersign for your Apple ID, email, other accounts, and voicemail again. The passwords are not restored to a new device for security reasons.
You should now exist able to use your shiny new iPhone 13 mini, iPhone thirteen, iPhone 13 Pro, or iPhone 13 Pro Max. Afterward the data has been restored, you lot can erase all the content and settings from your erstwhile iPhone.
Information technology is advisable to go on your iPhone thirteen continued to Wi-Fi and plugged into a power source until the data from iCloud is downloaded to your device. The data is downloaded automatically in the background.
Do drop a comment and let united states know how the entire process of transferring data from your erstwhile iPhone to your shiny new iPhone thirteen or iPhone 13 Pro went for yous. Or did you lot just fix it upwardly every bit new again?